The Sorby Natural History Society, SheffieldCovering a full range of natural history interests in Sheffield and the surrounding area, providing for both interested beginners and specialists.
Membership is available to all those who have an interest in Natural History. There are three levels:
|Individual||Individual members receive all the benefits of membership, including 12 issues of the monthly newsletter and one copy of the Sorby Record. Individual members can choose whether to receive the newsletter by post and/or email.||£15.00 UK|
|Household||Available for members living at one address, who receive all the benefits of Individual membership (one copy of the relevant publications and one vote per membership). Household members can choose whether to receive the newsletter by post and/or email.||£15.00 UK|
|Student / Youth||Available to young people under 18, or over 18 and in full-time education. Student/Youth members receive most of the benefits of Individual membership (bar voting rights). The newsletter is sent by email.*||£8.00 UK|
Membership is due for renewal on the 1st of January each calendar year, except for new members joining after 1st September who will get up to 16 months membership for the price of 12!
* Please note that, due to rising postal costs, Student/Youth members can only receive the newsletter by email.
As a member you can look forward to:
- an annual programme of 100+ meetings, including workshops, field meetings, recording meetings, lectures, members’ slide nights, specialist group meetings and a symposium;
- a monthly newsletter of around 16 pages packed with news, reports, maps, reviews etc;
- an annual journal of 50 – 100 pages, known as The Sorby Record.
To join, simply print out and complete this membership form (PDF) and send it with a cheque* for the required amount (made payable to The Sorby Natural History Society) to:The Sorby Natural History Society
c/o 159 Bell Hagg Road
We also have on-line application form, which you can submit electronically.
* Please email for information about other methods of payment.
Membership subscriptions are due for renewal on 1st January each year. Please print-off a membership renewal form (PDF) and return it to to the treasurer with your payment.