The Sorby Natural History Society, SheffieldCovering a full range of natural history interests in Sheffield and the surrounding area, providing for both interested beginners and specialists.
Insects of South Yorkshire
The project, initiated in 2000, aims to publish a species by species review of the insects of South Yorkshire in the same style as the highly acclaimed Insects of the Barnsley Area. We will gather together existing records and undertake new fieldwork during the coming years.
There will be several drafts circulated during the next few years. Each group will be authored by a local specialist/team of specialists. The publication will be a most useful work of reference for all.
- Aculeate Wasps and Bees available as a PDF download
- Parasitic Hymenoptera working draft available as a PDF download
- Macro Moths of South Yorkshire 2008 draft by Frank Botterill available as a PDF download
- Micro Moths of South Yorkshire by Harry Beaumont available as a PDF download
- Het Bugs working draft available soon as a PDF download
The present County of South Yorkshire including sites that straddle the county boundary.
All records are required and all entomologists are invited to join in. Contact the relevant SIG Recorder or the address below. It is our policy to acknowledge all contributors and references to published papers. Records are stored on the SIG databases and we liaise with the local Biological Records Centres that also have records of insects.
Secretary, Sorby Invertebrate Group